Junker of the web

Nonsense i put, Nonsense you get!!!

Monday, May 24, 2004

Français est bon-French is good

Finally appeared for my French exams last week, After 6 months of driving(at hectic speeds covering 80 Kms every weekend) to my French classes sacrificing all my week ends in Alliance Franchaise de Delhi(shortly AFD). Learning a language requires great patience and practice, but still I wonder how i was able to do this propably might be because of the teacher was quite good looking and also to my ami("friend" in french) who accompanied to the class till last but couldnt make out at the final period because of hectic work in office. I was so regular to French classes(with just cutting only once out of 6 months) i feel myself astonished since i had never failed to pay the Attendance Lag Penalty in my college days.


The exam schedule was quite longue. It went on and on for 3 days but it was quite interessante("interesting" in frecnh :D). The first day was "Joue un Role" where you have enact based on a topic given to you. My topic was like this "Your parents want you to marry a girl of their choice, but you are already madly in love with une autre("another" in french :)) girl from college days, so convince your parents to allow you to marry the girl you prefer". I showed more of acting skills than my French skills for this ;)


The next day was a group discussion, it is unfortunate for me that in my life time the first ever Group Discussion exam i appeared happened to be in French. The topic was "Whether it is necessary to follow the regles(rules) of the Society" , quite a vague one, but some how it went through.


The next day was the Written exam for 2.5 hours. There is a Ecoute(hearing) session wherein you will be played a cassette of some French guys speaking on any topic and you have to answer questions based on it(much similar to Toeffel).We were given five announcements in a Shopping Mall in France, happy that they played it three times, because an average french citizen speaks in Supersonic speed. Now the written paper consisted of Grammaire, comprehension,Reliez(match the following), Letter writing, etc..........


Maintenant("Now" in french)i'm awaiting for the results(My condolences for the teacher who corrects mine). Finally to conclude, this is one worth of an exam no matter if i réussir("succeed" in french) or not.


à bientôt("see you soon" in French)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home